Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pumpkin egg nog…yay or nay?

 Pumpkin egg nog…yay or nay?

As discussed in my Podcast this weekend, I decided to sample a few fall themed treats to attempt to get  into the spirit of Halloween. Well, after many pumpkin and apple cider flavored coffees, I decided to take the next step.

This meant buying pumpkin flavored egg nog and Halloween themed brownies.

Turn up for what?!

Now first, let me explain I'm not a massive pumpkin flavor fan. I mean I like pumpkin pie, but it's not my super favorite. I'll try different things, but as of lately I feel there is pumpkin flavored overload on everything. Now I do like myself some egg nog, and I only sample it the week of Christmas seeing that it's uber rich, and really bad for you. It's something I usually make the massive mistake of drinking after I've had a few shots. The ending result is never pretty. Well I decided to say screw it and buy a carton and see what my final thoughts on the taste were.

I sat down to one of these pumpkin shaped brownies from Little Debbie and my over all verdict was. 

Ehh…


Don't get me wrong, I love me a brownie, but maybe because it wasn't homemade I wasn't very impressed. Also the fact that these little suckers most likely will stay good for the next twenties years really does say something.

As for the pumpkin flavored egg nog, I really feel this experiment wasn't really thought out well. I have been suffering from the head cold from HELL so my taste is completely off. Also drinking something that rich and thick when one isn't feeling 100% isn't exactly the best idea. I settled down to half a glass to have with my brownie, and well…let's just say egg nog can be lots of things. Pumpkin flavored, not really. 

The pumpkin flavor was a little strong, and it didn't even feel like I was drinking egg nog, just super thick milk. Kinda gross. So in closing, brownie was okay, egg nog…not really. In fact I rather have plain egg nog any old day of the week. But maybe it was the type I bought. Still, you never heard about anybody going wrong with Hood products. Oh well.



Anywho stay tuned, I got one of those gross candy eggs with green slime inside them that look like they belong from Troll 2. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment