Saturday, July 5, 2014

Better late than never! Top 5 horror films for the 4th of July!

Better late than never! Top 5 horror films for the 4th of July!

I had massive plans for this long weekend. In fact, they started off pretty awesome with lots of wine, a Jaws marathon on TV, and me and my friend deciding to go see X-Men Days Of Future Past for the third time before it finally got pulled. (call me a loser, but I was having a grand old time!) Well, the good times sadly didn't last long after I came home to discover a freak thunder storm hit ripping down several telephone poles, wires, and a pine tree right in front of my house.

= FML

Yep, that's the front of my house, bye bye fence! The last forty-eight hours have sucked the big one. I've been without power, melting in the heat, and have four very unhappy dogs on my hands. I spent the 4th over my sister's, but it rained and due to the fact the night before I was up all night as crew men chainsawed right outside my bedroom window I wasn't exactly the life of the party. Still, I'm beyond thankful this fucking tree didn't hit my house. I did have huge plans on July 3rd to watch Return Of The Living Dead in a haze of beer but sadly that didn't work out. I also planned on making my yearly write up on the top five best horror movies for the 4th. Well due to the power outage, this had to wait until the 5th of July, which in my eyes with the A.C blasting, the power back on, and Night Of The Creeps playing in the background I can't think of a better way to write this. So here goes, the five best  horror movies to watch around the 4th of july!

5) Phantom Of The Mall - Eric's Revenge
A young man named Eric is horribly burned after he refuses to move from the area where a brand new mega mall is planned on being built. His house is burned down flat, and his parents are killed in the fire, while he is left disfigured. Believing him to have perished in the fire, his girlfriend mourns him and a year later after starting her new job at the brand new mall, she begins to receive strange messages and feels somebody is watching her. Right before the 4th of July, the mall plans on a series of huge events open for the general public. Here, one by one after hours the men responsible for the fire a year ago are stalked by an unseen killer who happens to live within the walls of the mall and have been watching and waiting. Is it Eric back for revenge? Or someone else?

4) Uncle Sam
A Desert Storm vet returns from the grave to punish all of the unpatriotic people of his hometown. Dressed as Uncle Sam, he begins a massacre all before the 4th of july.

3) I Know What You Did Last Summer
A group of young friends with promising futures from a small sea side town celebrate the 4th of July drinking, and partying. It isn't until they accidentally hit and kill and lone fisherman crossing the road that night. In complete panic they decide to throw the body in the ocean, and swear never to speak of it again. A year later the young adults begin to receive unsigned letter all saying the same thing...I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER. Returning to the same town for the 4th, the friends try to figure out who is sending the letters as an unseen killer begins stalking them one by one.

2) Return Of The Living Dead
On July 3rd, 1984 (thirty years ago!) a terrible accident happens in a small medical warehouse down South. It seems that two workmen happened upon a barrel that was shipped to the warehouse by accident in the 1970's. Inside is a rotting corpse that was once to be believed to return from the dead after a government made chemical was sprayed on it. Accidentally the barrel leaks, resulting in a horrible chain of events that leads to the deadly gas getting released finally outdoors and causing the nearby cemetery to have it's graves erupt with flesh eating zombies searching for brains. A funeral worker, the warehouse workers, owner, and a group of punk rocker teens are all trapped inside the cemetery fighting to survive and learning very quickly that you can't always believe everything you hear in the movies.

1) Jaws
A small New England island is terrorized one summer when a giant man eating great white shark begins to attack locals. After two deaths, the town is in a complete uproar after an attack on the 4th of July. The local sheriff, a scientist, and a crazy fisherman all go out to hunt the beast before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment