Sunday, March 10, 2013

Raimi still has it! Oz opens up at world ride at 150 Million!

 Raimi still has it! Oz opens up at world ride at 150 Million!

Oz The Great And The Powerful surged on Saturday and rose to a lofty $80.3 million debut weekend at the North American box office. It was a strong start for Disney's $200 million, 3D special-effects extravaganza, which also rolled out in 46 foreign markets to $69.9 million, giving it a $150.2 million opening weekend globally. After a $24 million domestic debut Friday, which included $2 million in Thursday midnight shows, "Oz" brought in a whopping $33 million on Saturday, a 37 percent increase from its first day. Disney had "Oz" in 3,912 North American - Taken from IMDB

I just saw this movie in 3D yesterday and LOVED IT. I'm a huge fan of the original film and I honestly think Raimi did it to justice. I'll be posting a review to this soon. I really think this is Raimi's year and I'm very much looking forward to The Evil Dead remake. This was a wonderful film and made a Raimi fan like myself proud. Just to less about thirty years ago this young college student with a couple of friends went out to the woods to film a very low budget movie and made horror history, now he's become one of the greatest directors of all time. Way to go Sam, way to go! Now all we need him to do is remake Return To Oz!



No comments:

Post a Comment