Monday, September 10, 2018

Staystillreviews' annual Halloween Dollar Store Challenge!!!

 Staystillreviews' annual Halloween Dollar Store Challenge!!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!! Yep, that's right, it's our annual Staystillreviews' annual Halloween Dollar Store Challenge!!! I've been doing this as a way to kick off the Halloween season for the past several years, and I think I may even try to attempt some sort of version of this before the Christmas holiday! The rules are simple. Find a low-end dollar store, take 30$, and split it 50/50 with a friend. Here you go shopping for ten minutes, and need to buy 15$ worth of Halloween stuff. There are no limits, besides sticking with your budget! This time around, I decided to venture to the same Dollar Store that's near my local DMV.


 It's in a really bad neighborhood and is sandwiched between a buffet, and a really shitty Marshalls. This is the same one I've been going to, and decided to kick things off with my friend Mike after a trip to Target where I got a stupid amount of Halloween treats. Y.O.L.O. 

Once there we split our cash and went our separate ways. I gotta admit, we might have gone a little early since they were in the process of setting up their Halloween display. Still, as we separated, I couldn't help but admire the lovely cracker display up front.

So lit.

The place was a mess, but hey that's part of the charm, along with the musty smelling carpet. I did enjoy looking at the walls filled with Halloween decorations and treats. I mean what says happiness more than a bunch of cluttered pumpkins looking like a war zone?

#mood.

After our purchases, we quickly shared the same disappointment that the selection wasn't as epic as it's been in the past. So, as a bonus round, we hit the Dollar Store closer to my house where we both spent 5$ each. I say that's money well spent!

This was our final haul. This was what Mike got this time...
Mike goes more for decorations to use in his apartment. He got a couple of bags of fake little foam pumpkins, pinecones, and acorns. He also got Halloween masks, several Halloween signs (which are super nice quality!), as well as Halloween cups. He also got salted cashews...because that's Mike for you.

This was my haul...

Two for the price of 1 Halloween bags which are ADORABLE! I usually use these as lunch bags or fill them up with goodies for up coming giveaways! I got fake witch fingers (a great drinking game is putting these on and trying to open a beer wearing them.)


 got this STUPID fake candle I thought lights up...but low and behold it doesn't. So...cool I have a fake candle...that doesn't light up (...) thanks dollar store!, I got fake glitter blood, two sets of fake light up candles (THAT LIGHT UP!), Cool zombie window gel stickers,  a light up pumpkin lantern, a hanging ghoul decoration, a fake glitter spider, really pretty black and orange pumpkins (which are currently in my living room), these awesome glitter eyeball earrings that I got last year, a killer pumpkin beer holder (reminds me of Joe Bob Briggs), and these cool plastic pumpkin holders that remind me of old school 80's decorations. This was a really decent haul, and all for 15$ I do think I cheated and added a small fake crow as an impulse buy at the check-out line...I just couldn't help myself.

This is what me and Mike got at the second location...
One light up owl which I absolutely love. A set of super pretty fake pumpkins, a foam pumpkin, with plastic attachments instead of carving it. These awesome bone hands which I plan on putting into every IG post I can. Fake candles, silly spring glasses (that I had way too much fun wearing), black goo (perfect for Creepshow 2 photos), and a fake glass pumpkin that said EEK! Now that was fun shopping!!!

So all in all, a very successful shopping trip, which I'm sure won't be the last of the season. Stay tuned for more Fall themed fun as well another killer giveaway!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment