Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Gremlin cookies!

 Gremlin cookies!

Back in 2013 I got really drunk and went on Etsy. Less than a week later I received two mysterious packages in the mail. One was a set of adorable Gizmo salt and pepper shakers (good movie drunk Stacy!) The second was a red plastic Gremlin shaped cookie cutter. I was puzzled that in my drunken haze I picked this since I'm really not much of a baker. Still, I was due for an article for my buddy Thomas Bryce's annual Shitmas at his blog Shit Movie Fest. So I decided to use this cookie cutter after having several glasses of cheap Italian wine and attempt on making Gremlin cookies for the very first time.

Safe to say...it didn't go as planned. F-u-c-k.

Still a few years passed and without fail I continued trying to make a few batches of Gremlin cookies. After several attempts I figured out plain sugar cookie dough was the safest bet, and I really had to make sure these babies weren't super thick if I wanted to try and get them out of the oven without them crumbling apart. There was plenty of blood, sweat, swearing, spilled wine, and oven burns before finally I figured it out. Now every Galligangiving or Christmas I try to whip up at least one batch of Gremlin cookies using my Gremlin cookie cutter. I have also learned to start drinking until these babies are in the oven. Last year I came this close to a kitchen fire. #YOLO

Any who, this year I decided to whip up a quick batch of Gremlin cookies in honor of Galligangiving to bring on over to my sister's where I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving in Maine.

Cooking time guys. Wish me luck!

"You are all my children now." *Muhahahahaha!*

Praying these won't break apart...

Not perfect but so far this is the best yet. Yikes!

Now ready to crack open this baby with some friends. Stay tuned for more killer Galligan articles as well as the winner of the Galligan Giveaway on IG at ten! Follow me at Staystillreviews!


Happy Galligangiving everyone!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment