Friday, November 11, 2016

What if X-men was made in the 1980's?

What if X-men was made in the 1980's?

After just finishing X-Men Apocalypse tonight on blu-ray I hate to admit it, but I have to agree with many of the hardcore fans out there that claim this is one of the weakest entries in a very long time. I understand it's a tough act to follow with Days Of Future Past but man oh man, what a mess. I have nothing against Apocalypse, but it just didn't pack the same punch the film before it had. Still, I'm sure plenty of fans enjoyed the movie for what it was, mostly the hard core ones that loved the comic books. For me, I really dug yet again that this was a prequel to the main films (that believe it or not I'm not the biggest fan of.) It was cool seeing these characters at a younger state in their life's, and with the altered time-line due to Days Of Future Past where they are leading up to the new movies. So in honor of the decade that this latest entry takes place in I decided to show who I would have casted in several roles had theses movies taken place in the 1980's.

Jean Grey -  Lori Laughlin. 

Scott Summers - Zach Galligan.

Quicksilver - Damon Martin.

Magneto - Michael Biehn.

Professor X -  Kyle MacLachlan 

Mystique - Brooke Shields 

Beast - James Spader 

Storm - Vanity 

Logan - Mel Gibson 

Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment