Monday, March 14, 2016

Artist spotlight -Travis Falligant

Artist spotlight -Travis Falligant 
This month's artist spotlight comes in the form of one of the most talented people I know. Mr. Travis Falligant of IBTrav art! I happened upon Travis' killer iconic artwork just a few years ago on IG through an old school friend of mine Kurtis who knows Travis and had raved about his artwork in the past. Seeing that Travis shared the same love of horror, cute guys, awesome 80's movies, and Drag Race stars, I knew this was a man's career I was going to have to keep an eye out for. Time passed and I saw how legendary this work was becoming. Between his epic Scooby Doo meets horror monsters artwork, his colorful breathtaking love of pop, his projects such as his 31 days of Halloween, and of course his amazing range of every project he tackled make me know I needed to join forces with his guy and get some custom pieces made by him. My first was a killer Waxwork II piece of Mr. Zach Galligan himself. I was blown away by how amazing Travis knocked this out of the park and even gave a copy to Zach this past summer in which he raved about how cool it looked. I then decided to start a fun little project with a friend of mine and knew only Mr. Falligant could be the man who could do it to justice. Loving actor Damon Martin (Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Ghoulies II, and Amityville 1992.) I wanted to own an art series based off Damon's brief but killer career. So I started with Damon's character of Chip from Big Adventure, and just recently had him make a breathtaking piece based off Damon from Ghoulies II. My next piece I have planned by him is Damon's character of Rusty from Amitvyille 1992 and then his role in the episode Do Dreams Bleed? In Freddy's Nightmares. I can't wait to see them all framed lined up in a row! I have also gotten the complete pleasure of having my own mug done up by Travis. Can't say enough how much I love this piece of me! I hope to get the chance to interview Travis soon to share his thoughts on his art process and love of movies! Until then please check out Travis' pages and artwork! 



2 comments:

  1. I love Travis' work. What a talent. Luckily us horror and pop culture fans have him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Stacy, the artwork of you is utterly amazing! I love this guy and really want to buy a print of his scream killers artwork, he totally nails it!

    ReplyDelete