Monday, March 31, 2014

Horror questions take 2!

Horror questions take 2!

Sick in bed with the stomach bug, I spent this rainy Monday passing my time watching horror movies. What else is a great way to pass time time WHILE watching horror movies? That's easy! Answering horror questions!

1) Favorite horror movie of all time? - That's impossible to answer with just one movie so I'll pick my top ones. Christine, Waxwork, Phantasm.

2) Favorite actor/actress in a horror movie? - Zach Galligan (Waxwork, Waxwork II, Hatchet III), and Jill Scholelen (Popcorn, The Stepfather, Cutting Class.)

3) Favorite returning cast in a horror series? - Hands down the original guys in the Phantasm movies. (besides part II) These guys all kept coming back again, and again, and again to do these sequels. With the news of part V hitting the web last week I'm crazy excited. In fact I'm watching part III as I type this!

4) Best twist to a horror movie? - I think the most I've ever been shocked was the first time I watched Sleepaway camp. Lucky for me I rented this right before the internet really took over. I count my very lucky to have watched this without knowing the twist. Still gives me the chills every time I watch it. Can't wait for the blu-ray release!

5) Actor you have yet to meet but would totally geek out over? - There are a small handful of people that I truly would LOVE to meet and haven't gotten the chance to. Sam Raimi is a huge one, but the biggest has to go to actor John D LeMay from Friday the 13th the series and Jason Goes To Hell. I'm such a huge fan of him I even named my dog after him. So yeah...I would be babbling like an idiot. Let's see who else? Crispin Glover I would die to meet and Stephen King would be an amazing one but I would only meet him if I could have my sister with me. Oh and Damon Martin (Ghoulies II, Amityville 1992) just because I want him to fall head over heels in love with me.

6) Pick 5 highly underrated horror movies from the 80's? - Humm, let's see. Rejuvenatrix, Blood Rage, The Kindred,  The Nest, and Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II.

7) Three of your all time favorite series? - The Phantasm series, the Hatchet series, and the original Dead trilogy (Night, Dawn, Day.) 

8) Favorite horror themed TV shows and why? -  Well this goes without saying but Friday the 13th the series. The first two seasons of this show were utter perfection. I enjoyed Freddy's Nightmares but have only seen a small handful of episodes. Love Tales from the dark side, but Tales from the crypt was amazing back in it's time and still holds up today. Right now I'm enjoying Bates Motel but I hope they pick up the pace, I would hate to see it canceled!

9) Favorite found footage film? - I enjoyed The Blair Witch Project for what it was, the original REC and REC 2 are down right terrifying. It's been years since I've been that bothered from a film.

10) Best throat slit? - Toss up between Kelly from the original Prom Night, or Scott from Friday the 13th part II.

11) Favorite holiday themed horror movie? - For Christmas, the original Black Christmas, for Halloween Night Of The Demons.

12) Favorite kill of all time? -  Sam Raimi's death in Intruder via meat hook. Just stunning...

13) Best remake? - The Thing, The Fly, The Blob, Willard, Dawn Of The Dead, and My Bloody Valentine 3D. 

14) Most underrated sequels? - Warlock 2 The Armageddon, Waxwork II: Lost In Time, Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth, Candyman II Farewell To Flesh, Hatchet III, Phantasm IV, Fright Night Part II, Ghoulies II, Amityville 1992: It's About Time.

15) Favorite zombie movie? - Day Of The Dead.

16) Best weapon used in a horror movie? - 4 barrel shotgun used in the Phantasm series.

17) TV show that would make a killer horror movie? - Supernatural. 

18) Best score? - (not exactly a horror movie but Flowers In The Attic), Phantasm, Fright Night, and Fire Starter. 

19) Favorite film based off Stephen King's work? - Christine. 

20) Do you have any horror tattoos?/If you don't what would you get? - I have several. I have Rudy from The Monster Squad (which I plan on getting covered up, the artist was terrible so I'm getting the My bloody Valentine miner to cover it.), I have Sam Raimi from Intruder along with his autograph, and I have Church the cat. This month I'm getting Zach Galligan dead from Tales From The Crypt. I plan on getting my legs covered, the MBV miner, Fisher Steven's from The Burning, a Phantasm sphere, the Amityville cursed objects, a Christine themed tat, a Twin peaks themed tat, and last but not least a Waxwork themed tattoo. Sure it will take years to finish my legs but I'm off to a good start!




No comments:

Post a Comment