Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Did you know?

 Did you know?

Just last week I rewatched Legend, yep the fantasy acid trip of a movie that had Tom Cruise before he became super annoying, and Tim Curry as the Lord Of Darkness in what I believe is some of the best makeup ever to grace the silver screen. Legend was a movie I still strongly remember watching over and over again with my sister growing up. I remember how scared I was whenever Tom Cruise dove into the water to get the ring and suddnely everything turned to ice. I also remember to NEVER touch a uincorn. No matter how badly you may want to.

I also remember...Meg.


Meg Mucklebones. The SCARIEST witch ever in the history of movies. 

What made me remember this was this past summer on my birthday I was strolling around a very impressive monster museum called Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery, and I came upon a truly stunning model of Meg herself, in all her swampy glory. There I saw a sign reading that actor Robert Picardo believe it or not played the famous witch and had to go through eight hours of makeup in order to transform into this creature.

= Mind blown.

I know Robert best from his roles in The Howling, 976 Evil, and of course Gremlins 2 The New Batch. A huge character actor, I feel Robert got this gig since effects artist Rob Bottin had worked with him earlier in The Howling, transforming him into Eddie Quest. Trust me, if there ever had to be an award for an actor who gives it his 100% and can honestly not be reconizable, it's Mr. Picardo. I posted a photo of this last week and was highly amused by how many people honestly never knew this.


Between the witch makeup, and the Lord Of Darkness, I feel Bottin yet again outdid himself and truly being one of the best effects artists of all time. 

I feel Legend was a film itself also is a very underrated movie. This is def something I need to get on blu-ray since it honestly is one of the most beautiful films ever made.

= Nightmares forever.

Sidenote - In Waxwork, you see Meg make a cameo as one of the displays that come to life. Trust me, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have LOVED to see Zach Galligan chop that witch's head off!

No comments:

Post a Comment